Making travel easier, safer and easier for everyone
AJaved Malik, IR Asia’s Chief Operating Officer, shares what AirAsia does to ensure passengers travel on this important journey, as well as wheelchair use or high-risk groups such as expectant mothers. Or elderly guests can travel with confidence and comfort as we enter a new routine of flying.
Question 1: Can you share what has been done by Air Asia during this important journey?
We have implemented different measures at different stages of the flight.
- Temperature screening was carried out at various check posts including boarding gate.
- Social distance with floor markers in queued areas, including check-in counters and kiosks.
- Hand sanitizers are available at all guest and staff travel processing points.
- Contactless technology. Use web or mobile check-in to minimize surface and physical contact.
- Our cabin crew is also updated with the latest safety information and guidelines before each flight.
- To facilitate social distance during boarding and landing, just one small carry-on bag or laptop bag for each guest from 30 cm (h) x 40 cm (L) x 10 cm (W) Not much
- All guests must bring and wear their mask during the trip and before boarding the baggage claim.
- All staff must adhere to appropriate hygiene standards, including hand hygiene and wearing masks and gloves.
- Ship meals are made according to food safety standards. Food and beverage service will be handled using gloves.
- The crew is well-trained to assist in any medical situation, including the identification and isolation of anyone on board who may be ill.
Question 2: And what are your messages for Air Asia guests who are traveling during this period?
- We advise our guests to consider their travel capabilities as a first step. Different countries have different regulations, so check your travel restrictions with your local government.
- Arrive early at the airport, at least 3 hours before your departure. This should allow enough time for all the necessary processes to take place.
- Air travel is one of the safest ways to travel, especially with the deep cleaning, sanitation and disinfection that our aircraft and its cabin pass through daily.
- Just make sure you follow global safety precautions such as wearing a mask at all times, washing your hands and maintaining your social distance.
Question 3: I am traveling with a newborn baby and I need to bring a walker or a param. Do I need to follow any new flying etiquette?
Your goal is to get to your destination safely. Also, make it as easy as possible for everyone to travel with us.
We decide to clean and dismantle the aircraft and cabin environment regularly. And we also seek the cooperation of our guests to see what they can do to ensure that everyone can fly safely together.
If you are traveling with a pram or stroller for your child, you will be able to use it as usual to the boarding gate and we will help you by checking before boarding your plane. Rest assured that all our employees will be wearing masks and gloves.
We recommend that programmers and walking guests also take extra precautions in cleaning them before bringing them to the airport for your trip.
Together, we can make flying in this new normal a safe and easy experience.
Question 4: I need special help with a wheelchair during my essential journey. Is the process the same as before and how does AirAsia staff ensure that wheelchair use is safe?
Our wheelchairs will be cleaned before and after our guests use them and they will be cleaned using a clean cloth using hygienic, sanitary and disinfectant products approved by the Public Health Authority.
Our guest service agents who will assist you in getting to the departure gate will also be wearing masks and gloves. If your family members are traveling with you, make sure the social distance is maintained throughout the process.
Guests in wheelchairs will also be part of the social distance measures as they will be the first to travel and the last to land.
We would also advise guests who intend to use their wheelchair to take extra precautionary measures in their cleaning before arriving at the airport.
To ensure that the wheelchair is available on your preferred date, you can call Special Assistance (Wheelchair Service) at the time of booking or at least 4 hours before your scheduled flight departure at Area.com. Can arrange bookings.
Question 5: About pregnant mothers or elderly guests (who are over 60 years of age) who are at high risk during travel. What do I / they need to know before the flight?
Expectant mothers or elderly guests (over the age of 60) can fly with confidence because we have taken precautionary measures to ensure that you travel safely with us. You can read about all the new initiatives here.
If you are traveling with a pregnant guest or senior citizen, or if you are – you can contact one of our friendly guest service agents to talk on arrival at the departure hall so that they can contact you at a dedicated check-in counter. To help guide. I
Most importantly, be sure to observe the globally recommended safety precautions, including wearing a face mask and adhering to high personal hygiene.
Looking for the best hotels, resorts and cheap flights to nearby cities? Check out our list of cheap hotels and resorts by reviewing, or you can also check out Airbank properties available in the city.
Want more updates on new tourist destinations, destination guides and travel ideas? Follow on Facebook, and #TeamOutofTown TwitterFor more travel tips, visit Instagram, Instagram and Pinterest.